Wood Mulching and Chipping In Fort Worth, Texas
Call Now For A Free Estimate!
Services like pruning or felling trees leave behind a lot of extra wood and branches. While you could have this debris hauled away, a better option is to consider turning it into woodchips or mulch. Large branches, tree trunks, and stumps can all be converted into high-quality woodchips that you can use for gardening or landscaping. The process is quick, easy, and affordable, making it an excellent way to deal with tree waste.
Introduction To Wood Chipping
With wood chipping, special machines are used to shred branches and pieces of wood into tiny pieces. Woodchips like these are often used as a form of biomass, with people burning them as fuel. Sometimes, they are also used to make wood pulp. In most cases, however, they are turned into mulch. When a company comes to your property to remove a tree or stump, they usually will provide wood chipping services, as well. Services like these are affordable and help minimize waste. If you have extra wood laying around your property, contact us today to have us come turn it into woodchips for you.
What Is Mulching And Why Is It Beneficial?
Mulching involves adding organic materials like wood chips to the surface of the ground to improve moisture retention and enhance the quality of the soil. Some of the advantages of mulching include:
- An alternative to herbicides and fertilizers. Adding mulch to your soil helps keep weeds from sprouting. It also improves the condition of the soil, which can result in a healthier garden. That means that you don't have to rely as heavily on herbicides or fertilizers.
- Fewer weeds. Adding woodchips or other types of mulch to the surface of the soil keeps weeds seeds from sprouting. While a small number of weeds may still get through, mulching makes weed control a lot easier.
- Essential insulation for roots during periods of cold weather. In areas that experience extremely cold temperatures during the winter, adding mulch around plants can help protect the roots, keeping them from freezing. Mulch can also be beneficial during the summer by allowing the soil to retain moisture more effectively.
- Higher-quality soil. As mulch breaks down, it adds essential nutrients to the soil. This can result in healthier plants and trees.
- A more beautiful garden. Mulch is not only practical but it also is beautiful. When added to flowerbeds and gardens, it creates a finished look that enhances the landscape and improves the look of the property. Adding mulch to your landscape can even increase the resale value of your home.
- Mulch keeps soil from eroding. A thick layer of mulch can help keep the topsoil from washing away during periods of heavy rain or extreme weather.
Create A More Beautiful Outdoor Space With Wood Chipping And Mulching Services
Even if you don't have any wood that needs chipping on your property, most tree service providers sell ready-made woodchips. Here at Fort Worth Tree Removal, for instance, we can not only provide you with woodchips but also can help you with all of your mulching needs.
We make the woodchips ourselves using specialized equipment. Our mulching services are handled by certified arborists, which means that you can trust that your projects will be done right. Our experts have been working in this industry for more than 10 years, meaning that they have all of the knowledge necessary to help you create a beautiful space. If you are ready to get your next outdoor project underway, contact us today to get started.
Don't risk the time, energy, or injury trying to remove stumps on your own. Hire a trained expert to get rid of your stumps. We are locally based and on-call ready to serve your needs. Call us now at (817) 349-2015 to get an assessment our expert arborists are waiting to help!